How To Apply To WITS
Step 1 : Apply Online
You may apply for a maximum of three programmes (order of choice does not matter).
If you apply for two programmes within one Faculty, you are advised to apply for one programme in a less restricted faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce or Science).
Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Health Sciences or Engineering.
- Do not enter the duration of the programme. You are applying to go into 1st year of study.
A non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens, and R700 for foreign citizens, is required.
- For assistance call the Wits Student Call Centre on +27 (0) 11 717 1888.
Pay Application Fee
- Non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens
- Non-refundable application fee for foreign citizens of R700
- Payments to be made before closing dates
- Use your Person Number or T Number as reference
To apply online, go to www.wits.ac.za/applications/
How to pay
Deposit exact amount into the University’s Application Fee account:
- Standard Bank, Account name: Wits University – Application Fees. Current Account Number: 200 346 385, Branch code: Braamfontein 004 805. CI Number 074A. (International payment swift code: SBZAZAJJ). Use your person/student number as a reference.
- Pay by cash or credit card at the Wits Fees Office, Ground Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House (Senate House), Braamfontein Campus East, Jorissen Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa. Use your person/student number as a reference.
- EFT – Use your Person/Student number as the reference.
Step 2: Acknowledgment of Application
- You will receive an email from the University acknowledging receipt of your application.
- The acknowledgment letter will contain a person number (which will become your student number), and a reference person for you to contact for any queries you may have.
- All records of correspondence from the University will be available on the student self-service portal https://self-service.wits.ac.za
- Check the status of your application and to do items on the student self-service portal regularly.
- Keep your contact details up-to-date on self-service.
To view all correspondence generated on the Self Service Portal, go to the Main Menu > Self Service > Wits Student Self Service > Communication History
To check your Application Status on the Self Service go to the Main Menu > Self Service > Student Centre > Admissions > View Academic Application Status
Step 3 : Uploading Supporting Documents
If you did not upload supporting documents at the time of application, you can still do so via the student self-service portal https://self-service.wits.ac.za
Log in with your person number and the first six digits of your ID.
Current Matriculants: Upload your final Grade 11 results.
Already Matriculated: Upload certified copies of all your matric certificates/foreign school leaving certificates.
Other Tertiary Institutions: Upload a certified copy of official academic records for ALL tertiary registrations, inclusive of statement/certificate of good conduct, stamped by the institution’s registrar. (Note that interim, self-service generated results will be considered for initial assessment purposes for GEMP applicants ONLY).
Step 4 : Acceptance of Offer
- Current Matriculants may be made a conditional offer (depending on Grade 11 results). Please note that certain programmes have additional selection criteria (interview/audition/NBT).
- Firm offers can only be confirmed after receiving final matric results.
- Each choice of degree is treated as a separate application. The order of choice makes no difference.
- Communication offering a firm place and information about registration and orientation programmewill reflect on the self service portal, and registration and orientation details will be available on the Wits website.
- Places are limited, therefore you may only accept one offer. You are required to respond to the offer within a few days to secure your place.