University of KwaZulu-Natal Application
The University of KwaZulu-Natal Application Now Open
Short Intro About the School
The University of Kwa-Zulu Natal (UKZN) was formed on January 1 2004 owing to the merge of two Universities: The University of Durban-Westville and the University of Natal. UKZN is a residential university structured on a College model. UKZN is internationally recognised and is comprised of four Colleges consisting of two disciplines. Each offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes across all five campuses: Westville, Edgewood, Howard College, Medical School and Pietermaritzburg.
Application Open: 1 March 2016
Application Close: 30 September 2016
Medicine closes: 30 June 2016
Application Fees through CAO:
Before 31 October 2016 – R200 ZA citizens
Before 31 October 2016 – R250 International applicants
After 1 November 2016 – R400 ZA citizens
After 1 November 2016 – R500 International applicants
- If you are a South African citizen and currently in Grade 12 or have completed.
your National Senior Certificate or Senior Certificate and have never studied at UKZN before,
you have to make application to UKZN by completing a Central Application Office (CAO)
- If you are currently registered (or have been registered) at another institution for undergraduate studies and wish to apply for a transfer to UKZN, you must also complete the CAO application form.
|Where to obtain a CAO form|
- CAO website click on link www.cao.ac.za to download OR
- Contact the CAO on 031 268 4444 OR
- Apply on line: consult www.cao.ac.za OR
- Write to firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Application fee payable to CAO R200 on-time and R400 for late applications
• Grade 12 learners must submit certified copies of their Grade 11 results (plus any available Grade 12 results) and their ID documents with the applications.
• Applicant wishing to transfer from other Universities must submit certified copies of their National Senior Certificates/Senior certificates as well as complete academic transcripts from their previous/current Universities with their applications.
|Closing dates for South African citizens|
• Semester 1 (January intake)
• Medicine: 30 June : No late applications are accepted.
• All other programmes: 30 September.
|Semester 2: (August intake)
• Apply directly to UKZN. See application procedures.
• Applications close on the 30 April.
• Application fee payable to UKZN R175.