University of Johannesburg Study Abroad – Inbound
Exchange students account for the highest proportion of inbound mobility of study abroad students at UJ.These exist out of collaboration agreements between UJ and different institutions across the globe.Exchanges are reciprocal in nature.
ISEP is a network of over 300 colleges and universities in 50 countries cooperating to provide affordable access to international education for a diverse student population. ISEP students gain intercultural competence through integration into their host institution and host culture while exploring the international dimensions of their academic field.
ISEP Exchange and Direct members are institutions of higher education that are regionally accredited or recognized by their government or ministry of education.
ISEP is a non-profit organization governed by a Board of Directors, supported by member fees and fees for service, and administered by a central office in Arlington, Virginia, and by the designated coordinator at each member institution.
Established in 1979 under authority of the Fulbright-Hays Act as the International Student Exchange Program at Georgetown University, ISEP was supported by a grant from the (former) United States Information Agency until 1996. In 1997, ISEP was incorporated as an independent organization.
What We Offer
ISEP-Exchange each outbound participant pays the cost of an academic term (tuition, housing and meals) at the home institution, for every student sent abroad, the institution receives one in return. ISEP facilitates the exchanges between our members world wide and manages the exchange balances.
ISEP-Direct fee-paid study-abroad programs at member institutions, open to all ISEP-Direct and ISEP-Exchange members; participants pay a fee to ISEP, which covers the host institution’s program cost.
- Are as fully integrated into their host institution as their length of stay and language skills permit
- Gain understanding of the international dimensions of their academic field
- Develop intercultural competence and personal maturity through immersion in another culture
- Are institutions accredited by their governmental or regional academic agency or ministry
- Cooperate as equal partners in a spirit of trust and mutual support to further the internationalization of their campuses and offer access to high-quality programs in diverse locations
- Agree to terms of participation that facilitate students’ integration into the host institution and host culture as well as transfer of academic credit to the home institution
The ISEP Central Office
- Facilitates exchange of academic information and offers expert advice about programs
- Administers the placement process and provides support during the student’s period of study
- Administers the J-1 exchange visitor program for students entering the United States on ISEP programs
- Offers professional development and networking opportunities through conferences, workshops and study tours open to members
Benefits of ISEP
- Access to a wide range of institutions of higher education in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, North America, and Oceania without the necessity of negotiating and maintaining individual agreements
- Host institution staff conduct orientation, ensure that housing and meals are provided, and facilitate students’ registration and integration into the institution
- Placements are available in all academic disciplines; institutions can send students to study in one field and receive participants in another field
- Incoming students bring cultural and linguistic diversity to the campus and international perspectives to the curriculum
- Because exchange participants pay their home institutions, tuition fees stay at home, and enrollment figures remain constant
- ISEP-Direct programs provide the same comprehensive academic and support services as study abroad provider programs but with substantially lower fees
ISEP website : www.isep.org
Study Abroad to Africa
Africa is a continent of exciting economic and social developments, history and culture, cultural and ethnic diversity. Study abroad students will enroll in quality academic programs with international renown teaching staff at our selected institutions of higher education. Study Abroad students will marvel at the natural wonders, hospitable people, dynamic growth and development, and exciting possibilities in Africa. Let our staff of experts in African affairs advise and guide you in making this opportunity an experience of a lifetime!
You will study at leading institutions of higher education in Africa. Travel to Africa’s unique locations. You may visit a game park, African township, or climb Mount Kilimanjaro during your stay. Learn first hand the beauty and charm of Africa while receiving university study abroad credit.
Who Should Study Abroad to Africa
Are you adventurous! intelligent! resourceful! cultural inquisitive! willing to grow! career minded! energetic! You can study abroad at our selected Universities in Africa! Our affiliated universities in Africa offer programs for all majors. “Study Abroad to Africa”
Please add link to Study Abroad to Africa website on page : http://www.studyabroadtoafrica.org/
This category of students forms the biggest part of study abroad students in South Africa. Students find opportunities on their own or through their Universities. This is seen as the ‘cheapest’ way for students to pursue a study abroad opportunity as there is no middle man. These students can be attracted through direct media on their campuses or through recruitment fairs.
Application Process – Subsite