Unisa Online Registration Guidelines
Unisa’s online registration process is quick, simple and accurate. This is why we recommend this option. When registering online, you’ll be prompted when information is missing or incorrect, helping you to ensure that you include all the necessary information when submitting your registration form.
The steps are as follows
- Go to the Unisa registration website: http://registration.unisa.ac.za
- Choose the qualification level and then click “Go“.
- Enter your student number in the block provided and the other details as required. (If you don’t have a student number you won’t be able to continue; you’ll need to apply for a student number during the next application period.)
- Check your personal details on screen. Change any contact details that are missing or incorrect.
- Enter the modules for which you want to register. You must
- meet all the pre-requisites and co-requisites for the selected module
- enter the correct module code
- select the correct semester (1 = first semester; 2 = second semester)
- indicate in which language you want to receive your study material (English or Afrikaans)
* Please note that not all modules are offered in Afrikaans. The language of tuition for each module is indicated in the module information.
- Do not exceed the prescribed number of modules per semester or year, as your registration will not be processed. Please also take Unisa’s re-admission rules into consideration when selecting your number of modules for the semester or year.
- Calculate your fees
- Use the fee quotation link on the Unisa website (http://www.unisa.ac.za/feequote) to obtain a quote for the cost of your modules.
- Note the minimum fee that must be paid before Unisa will process your registration. If these fees are more than you can afford, delete modules until you can afford the fees.
- You can make payment online, using a credit card at http://www.unisa.ac.za/feepayment.
- If you don’t have a credit card, you can pay at a Standard Bank. Retain your proof of payment in case of enquiries.
- Submit your registration.
Study pack delivery options
At the point of registration, you will have three delivery options to choose from for your first study pack for the semester:
- Courier: There is no additional fee to courier your study material. Please provide Unisa with your cellphone number, an alternative contact number (in case we can’t get hold of you via your cellphone number) and a valid physical delivery address. Please ensure that someone is available to take receipt of your study material pack.
- Post: Provide Unisa with a correct address, suburb and postal code, and a valid cellphone number.
- Counter collection: All Unisa students may make use of this option, but the counter collection points are only available at the Sunnyside Campus (Pretoria) and the Science Campus (Florida). If you select this option, your parcel will be packaged / picked as soon as your registration is finalised, but will only be available for collection two working days later. You will receive an SMS from Unisa once your parcel is ready for collection from your preferred collection point. If you do not collect your study material pack within two working days (48 hours) of receiving the SMS, your study material will then be posted to you via ordinary mail by the South African Post Office.