Umfolozi College Fees
TVET Colleges are able to offer the following qualifications:
• National Diploma
A National Diploma (M+3/NQF5) Qualification is awarded to students who have completed their N4 – N6 in a specific field at an TVET College, and are able to provide proof that the required relevant in-service training period has been completed. The full duration including completion of studies and in-service training is usually 3
• National Certificate (Vocational)
A range of vocationally based programmes introduced at TVET Colleges in 2007.
Short duration skills based programmes offered by TVET Colleges, usually from rurally located skills campuses.
Co-operative Training & Support
This is training for young people on the fundamentals of establishing and managing a youth co-operative business. A co-operative in an autonomous association of persons united voluntarily to meet their common economic, social, and cultural needs and aspirations through a jointly-owned and democratically-controlled enterprise. For further information contact the Programmes Department on 035 902 9594.
A training programme that combines theory at a college or training centre with relevant practice on-the-job. It is a legally binding agreement between an employer, a learner (typically an existing employee of the company) and a training provider. For further information contact the Programmes Department on 035 902 9594.
When to apply:
After enrolling in an NC (V) programme. Applications forms will be distributed at induction.
How to apply:
• Enroll for your chosen NC (V) programme
• Obtain an application form during induction.
• Complete the form and return it to the campus. Ensure that you submit your form BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE and provide ALL requested supporting documentation.
• Qualifying applications will them be submitted to the Umfolozi College Bursary Committee for consideration. Bursaries will be awarded based on financial need and academic performance within the confines of the funds allocated to the College by the Department of Higher Education & Training.
• IMPORTANT: Students enrolling for NC (V) programmes are required to pay 25% of their fees on registration. However, students should ensure that they have the means to pay the full study and
related fees for their programme, according to college requirements and deadlines, and not rely on receiving a bursary as bursary funds are limited, and are awarded according to strict pre-determined
criteria. Students who do not receive bursaries will be liable for their own outstanding student accounts.
For information about Umfolozi College Fees contact;
TEL: +27(35) 902 9501
Fax: +27(35) 789 2585
Private Bag X 5023
Richards Bay, South Africa, 3900
Umfolozi College Central office Naboomnek, Arboretum, Richards Bay, South Africa 3900