Production Management Institute of Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd
Production Management Institute of Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is registered as a Private Higher Education Institution (Registration Number 2000/HE07/011) with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET).
Production Management Institute of Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE) and our higher education qualifications are credit bearing, National Qualifications Framework (NQF) aligned and registered with the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
PMI is accredited to provide qualifications and skills programmes across a range of SETA’s listed below:
- W & R SETA
- Bank SETA
- Services SETA
- FoodBev SETA
- ETDP SETA
Adcorp Technical Training (Pty) Ltd trading as PMI Technical has programme approval with the following SETA’s:
South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA)
The South African Qualifications Authority is a body of 29 members appointed by the Ministers of Education and Labour. The members are nominated by identified national stakeholders in education and training. The functions of the Authority are essentially twofold:
- To oversee the development of the NQF, by formulating and publishing policies and criteria for the registration of bodies responsible for establishing education and training standards or qualifications and for the accreditation of bodies responsible for monitoring and auditing achievements in terms of such standards and qualifications;
- To oversee the implementation of the NQF by ensuring the registration, accreditation and assignment of functions to the bodies referred to above, as well as the registration of national standards and qualifications on the framework. It must also take steps to ensure that provisions for accreditation are complied with and where appropriate, that registered standards and qualifications are internationally comparable.
Council on Higher Education
The South African Council on Higher Education (CHE) is an independent statutory body with the following responsibilities:
- Advise the Minister of Higher Education and Training on any aspect of Higher Education.
- Quality promotion and quality assurance, specifically, the auditing of the quality assurance mechanisms of higher education institutions and the accreditation of higher education programmes.
- Development and management of its sub-framework i.e. the Higher Education Qualifications Framework (HEQF) and advising the Minister of Higher Education and Training on matters relating to the HEQF.
- Development and implementation of policy and criteria for the development, registration and publication of qualifications i.e. standards setting, the naming conventions for qualifications.
- Ensuring the development of qualifications as are required for the higher education system.
Our vision is to positively change the lives of the individuals and businesses we engage with. We commit ourselves to the process of auditing, consulting and project managing human capital development solutions that work.