Applicants must meet ALL the following compulsory minimum requirements, not some of them.
• A matriculation certificate qualifying for admission for a diploma/degree.
• English at least level 4 (HG D/SG C) or above
• Life Science /Biology/Physiology at least level 4 (HG D/SG C) or above.
• Mathematics at least level 3 or (HG E /SG D) or Maths Literacy at least level 4 or above
• Any one of Physical Science/Agriculture/Geography; passed with at least level 3 (HG E/SG D) or above
• Minimum total Admission Point Score (APS) of the six subjects with highest levels should not be less than 25 (Excluding Life Orientation)
A previous qualification in a Nursing or similar programme is not considered as a requirement for admission and does not
replace the above.
Certificates not registrable with the South African Nursing Council (e.g. ABET) will not be considered.
Applicants with a disability will be considered only in terms of the inherent requirements of the nursing duties.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED:
• To sign an agreement with the Department of Health to work back the number of years trained
• To attend lectures for theoretical knowledge and do Work Integrated Learning in health facilities as required by the South African Nursing Council.
Students will receive a fixed monthly stipend for the duration of their study and will not be put on posts.
There are no fees payable to be admitted at the College.
CLOSING DATE: 31 AUGUST
(If you are not contacted after 1 March , please consider your application unsuccessful)
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS – Mpumalanga College of Nursing Application 2020
Applicants are encouraged to apply online
on the official Mpumalanga Department of Health website.
Physical applications must be addressed to:
The Director HRD, Mpumalanga Department of Health, Private Bag X11285,
Mbombela, 1200, or hand delivered at the Mpumalanga Provincial Government Office, Building no 3, Riverside Park, Nelspruit.
Documents required (If applying online, the documents will be required when shortlisted)
• Application form (MCoN001) , no CV
• Copy of Matriculation Certificate/ statement of results or midyear grade 12 results for those who are still in Grade 12, certified within three months of closing date.
• Copy of Identity document certified within three months of closing date.
• Proof of Residence from your local municipal authority or Tribal Authority
NOTE: Mpumalanga College of Nursing Application 2020
Applicants currently in grade 12 are to update their results online after final results are issued or submit by hand before 15 January . No faxed or e-mailed applications are allowed.
Enq: Mr B. Magagula, 013 766 3425
Due to the large number of applications normally received, communication will be limited only to candidates considered for selection.
NB: THE SPACE IS LIMITED