Ceta bursaries support and facilitates the development, availability and retention of skilled human capital directly related to the Construction Sector’s activities.
Who Must Apply for Ceta Bursaries?
Bursaries will be made available to develop identified skills, with special emphasis onscarce and critical skills. In order to be eligible for a bursary, applicants will have to fulfill the following criteria:
- be in possession of a Senior Certificate / matriculation
- have successfully completed one or more years of study at a recognised tertiary institution
- be South African citizens
- have proof that they are registered or are about to be registered at a tertiary institution recognised by CETA
Ceta Bursaries Selection Criteria
Bursary selection will be based on the following criteria:
- academic pass in Grade 12, (aggregate of 60%), with Mathematics and Science both at 60% or higher
- financial need / status
- all applications must be for the next calendar year
- passing a standard aptitude test if deemed necessary
- application from designated group will be given preference
- relevance of the course to the construction sector
- medical declaration by applicant
- proof of registration / acceptance
Ceta Bursary Value
The bursary will cover tuition fees, prescribed books and course material. Notwithstanding this, the amount available for prescribed books and course material will be capped at R3500 per annum. This amount may be amended by the Committee from time to time.
Residence / accommodation needs will only be considered under deserving circumstances.
The continuation of bursaries for subsequent years of study will be subject to the satisfactory progress of the student and the availability of funds.
A student who repeats a year of study will do so at his/her own expense. If he/she passes, he/she may re-apply for a bursary for the following year. Assistance will not be automatic.
The bursary will be paid directly to the accredited tertiary institutions by the Administrators on behalf of the student.
How To Apply
Please visit CETA website in order to read more about these bursaries and apply online.