University of Stellenbosch Application Important Dates
University of Stellenbosch Application Important Dates 2022 – The application and closing dates for the university of Stellenbosch are listed below;
Open: 1 March
Close: 30 June
Medicine: 31 May
R100 for ZA citizens non-refundable, but free of charge for international applicants.
February 27, (9:00am – 4:00pm)
Venue: Stellenbosch & Tygerberg Campus
This date includes the Engineering Department which historically has always been on an alternative day.
Student Recruitment Centre: (021) 808 4709/2631
1st Semester: 1 February – 6 June (classes end May 13 in preparation for exams)
2nd Semester: 18 July – 16 November (classes end October 21 in preparation for exams)
Please remember that 2nd and 4th Semester dates will change dependent on the student’s last examination. It can change by as much as 3 weeks for year-end.
Mid term breaks: 19 March – 28 March & 3 September – 11 September
STEP 1: BEFORE YOU APPLY
- Read up on all the programmes we offer at Stellenbosch University by visiting What can I study?
- Make sure that you understand the selection criteria of the different faculties. The criteria are available at Admission and selection requirements.
- Also take note or the closing dates
31 May: Applications close for the programme MB,ChB in the Faculty Medicine and Health Sciences
30 June: Applications close for all other undergraduate programmes
30 June: Residence applications close
31 August: Applications for Stellenbosch University financial assistance close
31 October: Diploma in Public Accountability (Telematic Education)
STEP 2: SELECT YOUR PROGRAMME
1. For Stellenbosch University you my select three programme choices. The reason you may indicate three programmes, is that there are programmes with extensive selection criteria and it is possible that you will not to be selected for your first choice, but you may still be selected for your second or third choice.
2. However, if we inform you that you have been selected for your second choice, for instance, this does not mean that you cannot be considered for your first choice anymore.
3. Note however, that you can only be admitted to one programme at a time. If you are admitted to your second choice at first, and your first choice is then reconsidered, your second choice will lapse as soon as you are admitted to your first choice.
4. All our programmes have selection criteria, but the following programmes all have extensive selection processes: All programmes in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences; all programmes in the Faculty of Law; BA (Visual Arts); BA (Drama); BA (Music); BMus; BA (Sport Science); BSc (Sport Science); BEd (GenEd); BEngineering; and BCom (International Business).
- If your first programme choice is one of the abovementioned programmes, you must indicate a second choice, and where applicable, even a third choice.
- You can only choose one programme from the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Your first and second choices may both be from the list of selection programmes above, but then you must also indicate a third choice not from this list.
5. If you want to change your programme choice, send an e-mail containing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember that, after the closing date, you can only be considered if there are places available in the programme.
6. To help you place your programme choice in the correct order, also bear the following in mind:
Medicine and Health Sciences and Education
These two faculties will only consider your programme choice if it is indicated as your first choice.
Selection for the programmes BA (Law), BCom (Law) or BAccLLB will only be considered if it is your first programme choice. The undergraduate, four-year LLB programme will be considered as a first or a second choice on your application.
Arts and Social Sciences
Only first and second choices of programme will be considered. Third choices will only be considered if the first and second choices of programme are programmes from the abovementioned list of selection programmes. BA Sport Science will only consider first or second choices. Acceptance for a second and/or third programme choice in this faculty lapses when a candidate gets accepted for a first and/or second programme choice in another faculty. If a candidate then decides to revert back to a programme choice in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences a written request must be submitted by 30 September of the previous year. Such requests will only be considered if places are available.
Economic and Management Sciences
This faculty will consider first, second or third programme choices. If you have more than one programme on your list, all Economic and Management Sciences choices will be considered in your order of preference, based on your selection score, your application marks and on whether there are places available in the programme concerned. This arrangement does not include BComm (International Business), BAccLLB and BCom (Law).
This faculty will consider your application for one of their programmes as a first, second or third choice, with the exception of the programme in Food Science (or a programme where Food as offered as a subject). For these programmes, your application will only be considered as a first or second choice.
Science, Engineering and Theology
These faculties will consider your application for one of their programmes as a first, second or third choice.