Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Application Form
APPLICATIONS FOR SECOND SEMESTER INTAKE
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Application Form , In order to ensure adequate time for processing and testing by NMMU and yourself, applications for the second semester should be submitted by the latest 31 May . In addition, places in some qualifications are limited, and it is therefore in your best interest to submit your application early. Please refer to the “– 2nd Semester intake and qualification guidelines document” prior to applying, as a limited number of qualification(s) are open for the second semester intake.
Early applications: 31 May (no fee)
Late applications: 01 June to 20 June (no fee)
To apply for a second semester qualification please apply here, as online applications are NOT open for second semester applications. Only manual applications (hard copy) will be considered for possible admission. Please ensure that you have familiarised yourself with the specific admission requirements, prior to applying.
Applications for academic admission: 2022 January intake
Online applications for NMMU’s 2022 January intake are now open. In order to ensure adequate time for processing, testing, portfolios, interviews and planning by NMMU and yourself, applications for admission in 2022 should be submitted before 1 August . In addition, places for some qualifications are limited; it is therefore in your best interest to submit your application early.
BTech & Advanced Diploma applications
NMMU students who are currently completing either a Diploma or National Diploma (NDip) at NMMU and would like to apply for these qualifications are required to only complete the “BTech and Advanced Diploma Application Form”. The completed form must be submitted to the admissions office before 1 August (no supporting documentation required). Prospective students who have already completed their diploma studies either at NMMU or elsewhere, and opted to enter the work force or take a gap year before commencing their BTech/Advanced Diploma studies, would need to complete an “online application form” and submit certified copies of their ID, academic record and certificate of conduct along with other documentation in order for their applications to be considered. Applications close on 1 August and no application fee is required.
You may apply by following one of these routes:
- Request an application form by emailing a request to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your postal address. The application package will then be posted to your postal address; or
- Downloading an application form from this website Application for academic admission and on-campus residence, complete it and return it together with your accompanying documents (only in exceptional circumstances does the institution accept faxed copies closer to the closing dates); or
- Request the application form by phoning (041) 504 1111; or
- Personally collect an application form from any of the Admissions Enquiries counters, on South Campus, Missionvale Campus and George Campus;
- Postgraduate applicants must also complete the relevant Postgraduate form in addition to standard application form (which can be found on the right-hand side of this page). For information on postgraduate programmes, please consult the General Information and Admission Requirements for Postgraduate Programmes.
- Make sure you have paid the Application fees, before submitting your application form (see below for methods of payment).
- Your application form must be accompanied by (i) a certified copy of your final Grade 11 report and (ii) a most recent Grade 12 report (No March results) or if you have already passed the matriculation examination, a certified copy of your matriculation certificate or results as well as certified copies of diploma/degree certificates and academic records for postgraduate applications.
- Either an acknowledgement letter or outcome of your admission will be sent to you within 10 working days during April to June. During the period leading up to the closing dates stipulated above the turnaround time will be 14 – 20 working days.
- If your admissions points do not meet the entry requirements for your chosen programme, you may be requested to write an access assessment test.
- Some programmes have additional selection requirements; please consult the Undergraduate Guide for your specific faculty:
Faculty of Arts
Faculty of Business & Economic Sciences
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Engineering, the Built Environment & IT
Faculty of Health Sciences
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Science
- You may track the status of your application.
- The outcome of your application will be conveyed to you via letter posted to your postal address. If we have your correct cell phone number, an SMS will also be sent to your cell phone.
- If you are provisionally admitted you will receive an Orientation Booklet together with registration information in November/December.
- Final acceptance is subject to your final NSC results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen programme.
- You can use one of the following methods to pay application fees:
- Money order (purchased at a post office)
- Postal order (purchased at a post office)
- Cheque. The cheque must be crossed and marked “not transferable”.
- Cashiers: payment can be made personally at the university.
- Please do not send cash in the post.
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch code: 051001
Account No.: 080263011
Reference: Write the word: Application and your name
Fax payment receipt to: 041 504 4722
Please attach a copy of the direct deposit or proof of payment to your application form.
Allow three working days for processing. Also keep a copy of the direct deposit or proof of payment should be in your possession at all times.
Clearly indicate the following on the postal or money order or on the back of your cheque:
- Your full initials and surname
- Write the words: “payment of application fees”
- Payable to Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University. The original money or postal order or cheque must be stapled to your application form.
Application fees are non-refundable. Payment of application fees does not guarantee entry to the university. Please do not send cash in the post.
Applicants who have studied at other tertiary institutions
- In order to ensure adequate time for processing, assessment testing and planning by NMMU and yourself, applications for admission in should be submitted by 4 August – No application fee for South African applicants
- Late applications will be considered after this date based on academic merit until 31 October – No application fee for South African applicants.
- Submit together with your application form, a certified copy of your official academic record and certificate of conduct as well as a certified copy of your school leaving certificate.
- Should you be applying for module exemptions, download the module exemption form and complete it and note that there is a module exemption fee to be paid before the exemption can be processed. You must attach copies of module outlines/syllabus.
- The application fees above are applicable for International applicants.
The Admissions Office
PO Box 77000
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University