General Enrolment Conditions
At CTI, our business is higher education and providing our students with a safe, stimulating and engaging environment in which to learn.
In order to do so, we maintain a very high standard when considering student enrolment application.
Please download our General Enrolment Conditions should you wish to apply at CTI.
International Students – Entrance Requirements
As an International student you will be required to comply with South African regulations upon entering the country to study. Please take note of the following:
A visa only enables the holder to proceed to a port of entry before or on the expiry date of the visa, where the holder must comply with the applicable law, regulations and the following requirements of the Republic of South Africa. No fixed travel arrangements must be made prior to the issuing of the visa and five (5) – ten (10) days must be allowed for its processing.
- An acceptable passport/travel document to be valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of the intended stay and containing at least one unused page when presenting it for endorsements.
- A valid study visa, is required.
- Sufficient funds.
- A return/onward ticket.
- Yellow fever certificates are required if the journey starts or entails passing through the yellow fever belt of Africa or South America.
Where to Apply for a VISA
- At the South African diplomatic or consular representative in the applicant’s country of normal residence -this includes permanent residence and long-term temporary residence.
- At the South African diplomatic or consular representative in the country of which the applicant holds a valid passport.
- At the designated South African diplomatic or consular representative when a mission is not present in the applicant’s country of residence.
Please note: Applications lodged at a place other than the above may be referred by the consular officer to the above offices, which will imply a longer processing time. Visas CANNOT be issued at South African ports of entry.
What to Submit
- Passports must accompany the visa applications when submitted at a South African diplomatic or consular representative.
- Two identity photographs.
- Prescribed visa fee, if not exempted.
- Supporting documentation confirming the purpose of the visit.
- Vaccination certificate, if required.
- Police clearance certificate from your respective country
- Medical report
- Repatriation fee
- Please view the full list of study visa requirements here.
Nationals of certain countries are subject to visa fees. Fees are levied per application and are not refundable should the application be refused
Medical Aid Cover (Compulsory)
In terms of the Immigration Act 13 of 2002, Section 13 (Study Visas) and 10 1 (h) of the Regulations to the Immigration Act, one of the options stated below may apply to non-South African citizens wishing to register on Study Visas. In all cases, students must submit proof of adequate medical cover for the full academic year (or period) and a copy thereof (written proof and membership card).
One of the options stated below will be acceptable for students registering on Study Visas:
- Medical cover issued by a South African medical scheme registered in terms of the Medical Schemes Act.
- International medical cover obtained outside the borders of South Africa and accepted by South African Missions in order for students to obtain Study Visas.
Visitors or students, who enter South Africa on any other visas, are strongly advised to ensure that they have ample medical cover for the duration of their stay.
Enrolment Requirements for CTI
Please view our Enrolment Conditions here.
Should you have any queries please contact CTI and we will be happy to assist!