Glencore (XSTRATA) Bursaries 2022
Xstrata/Glencore mine believes in values and making a difference. They offer equal opportunities with less red tape. They see themselves as being different from other mines while also encouraging individualism within the workforce, as no two people are the same. They care deeply for the community, building lasting relationships with ‘safe ethical work practice’. They believe in the abilities of their workers, education, experience as well as responsibility.
If you are motivated, see yourself as a decision maker that grabs at each and every opportunity, with both hands. Then this is the ideal place to start. With one of these bursaries, you can open doors to a secure, safe and successful career. Their employees grow as a team, but moreover, as a family and friendships are formed. With Xstrata/Glencore you will get recognition when it is earned, you can reap the rewards of a fulfilling life.
Their bursary scheme identifies the significance of not only developing, but furthermore also upholding a sturdy professional workforce. Therefore, they are committed to continually grow, by empowering new talented individuals. This is an assurance to your future, over and above that of the company. They believe in diversity and equal employment opportunities, besides the safety and community promotion they stand steadfast by.
With them, your future will not only look bright but be a rising star. They have multiple projects in the pipeline, offering prospects great development predictions. Each candidate that is successfully awarded a bursary will be required to sign a service obligation.
Bursaries will also include the following:
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
- Residence fees
- Meal fees
- Prescribed textbooks as is required
- A personal allowance
- Laptop along with a printer
- Paid vacation work with the company
- All obligatory seminars and excursions will be covered
GLENCORE XSTRATA BURSARIES AVAILABLE
The following career paths will be available for study, depending on the need of the company at the time.
- Mining Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Financial Management (B Com)
- Geology Discipline
GLENCORE XSTRATA BURSARIES REQUIREMENTS
If you intend on applying for such a bursary from Xstrata/Glencore, candidates will need the following.
For Engineering Disciplines:
- English with a 60 – 69 % minimum (level 5)
- Mathematics and Science with a 70 – 79 % minimum (level 6)
- Adhere to all other pre-requirements of Institute of Higher Learning
For Finance Disciplines:
- English with a 60 – 69 % minimum (level 5)
- Mathematics and Accounting with a 60 – 69 % minimum (level 5)
- Candidates must be South African citizens
- Candidates must be fit enough to gain a valid fitness certificate before bursary will be finalized or have one. This certificate must be in compliance to the Mine’s Health & Safety Act.
GLENCORE XSTRATA BURSARIES OPPORTUNITIES
You can also apply for their Graduate Recruitment Scheme. This opportunity is however only a short-term placement or apprenticeship. It gives candidates an extra foot up in achieving Graduate Level Roles. These placements are available over a wide range of fields.
These fields are as follow:
- Community Engagements
Here you will become equipped with greatly needed skills, via guidance from experts, to ensure a skilled future workforce. This is an – on the job cooperation, delivering excessive experience to each candidate. You will be learning from the best in each field.
Xstrata / Glencore offers summer or vacation work to talented individuals, as well as apprenticeships and intern positions. There is a wide world waiting just for you. Open the doors and be welcomed within.
GLENCORE XSTRATA BURSARIES APPLICATION
Candidates are urged to please include the following in their application:
- An application letter including what Grade you are studying (Grade 12, 1stYear, etc.)
- Also include why you are the best suited for this bursary
- A certified copy of your valid South African ID
- A certified copy of your latest academic results (candidates in Grade 12 can send Grade 11 results)
- The preference in field of study or current study
Glencore XSTRATA Bursaries Closing Date
Closing dates may vary, depending on the bursary. However, most applications have to be in by the end of May each year. Please note, if you have not heard anything within 21 days after closing date, you may deem your application as unsuccessful. No documentation, CV’s or forms will be returned to candidates. Therefore, it is vital to only include certified copies.
If you are into mining and would love to pursue a career with this company, send your applications in today.
Good luck to all, may your year be filled with surprises.
See Also : Learnerships : Bursaries : Apprenticeships : Traineeships : and Internships Available Now