ABSA Bursaries 2022
ABSA understands that life can be difficult and sometimes assistance is needed to reach one’s goals in life which in turn leads to a success and fulfilling career. ABSA offers candidates who are motivated as well as dedicated to follow a career into the world of finance with bursaries to help them achieve their goals. If you dream of working in the field of finance then you should apply for a bursary with ABSA. Their aim is to fill the critical openings within the financial sector with skilled and properly qualified candidates that are willing to study full time to achieve this.
ABSA has sponsored between 50 and 80 candidates each year for the last five years in a wide range of financial fields and will keep doing so with their bursary program. Have a look at the fields available if you would love to pursue such a career into the financial sector.
ABSA bursaries include the following which will be paid yearly depending on the need of each candidate.
- Full Tuition fees
Respectively candidate will be re-evaluated each year and the bursary support will continue for students who perform satisfactorily. With this bursary program, ABSA is able to employ talented skilled workers and assist candidates who want to study further to reach their dreams.
ABSA BURSARIES AVAILABLE
The following fields of study are available with the ABSA bursary program:
The following is for Bachelor and Postgraduate Degree qualifications:
- Risk / Investment Management
- Industrial / Finance / Process Engineering
- Accounting – CA (SA) / CIMA / ACCA
- Mathematical Science
- Actuarial Science
The following if for Majoring in the Agricultural Science field:
- Plant Production (Agricultural Economics)
- Agronomy (Agricultural Economics)
- Animal Science (Agricultural Economics)
- Viticulture (Agricultural Economics)
- Soil Science (Agricultural Economics)
- Horticultural (Agricultural Economics)
ABSA BURSARIES: REQUIREMENTS
To be able to qualify for a Post or Undergraduate bursary University students must comply with the following criteria:
- Candidates must currently be studying at an accredited university in South Africa towards one of the above-mentioned fields of study.
- A minimum of 70% must be achieved for the first semester of study in this field within the year of applying.
- Candidates who have criminal records will not be considered for a bursary.
To be able to qualify for a new bursary for matriculates completing their matric year they must comply with the following criteria:
- A minimum of 80% must be reached for their June exam results in their matric year.
- Candidates must be willing to study full time the year after completing matric at an accredited South African University to achieve their choice of study degree.
- Candidates with a criminal record will not be taken into consideration for a bursary.
Candidates also need to comply with the following:
- If you have received any other assistance or bursary you will not be eligible to apply.
- You have to be a South African citizen
- Have a valid ID Book
- If you are already recognized at one of the tertiary institutes in South Africa with documentation
- Are dedicated to studying in a field of education that will benefit the Banking Industry in South Africa.
ABSA also has the following conditions that candidates must adhere to if selected for a bursary:
- New bursary candidates will only be awarded after final year results are received and comply with the minimum requirements as stated above.
- Candidates that receive bursaries must be willing to sign a formal contract with ABSA as well as be willing to go through the re-evaluation after each full academic year of study.
- Candidates who receive bursaries must start work with ABSA directly after their graduation and the period will be dependable upon the years of bursary studies.
- ABSA has the right to use your specific skill set where it is needed most throughout the company.
- Completion of study will be required to be done within the agreement terms as stipulated.
- Candidates could be required to partake in additional skills and project training.
- Candidates are only allowed one field of study at a time that will be funded by ABSA.
- The companies Employment Equity policy will be taken into consideration when deciding on candidates for bursaries.
- Successful candidates will be required to submit their final academic results by no later than the middle of January for the following years study.
ABSA BURSARIES CLOSING DATE
Bursaries usually open the 15th April and close the end of July but it is recommended that candidates wanting to apply send in their applications with relevant documentation as soon as possible. Please remember to attach certified copies of all required documentation when applying for a bursary with ABSA bank.
See Also : Learnerships : Bursaries : Apprenticeships : Traineeships : and Internships Available Now