University of Limpopo NSFAS 2022
2022 NSFAS Online Application Open
NSFAS has opened a central Online Applications for the 2022 academic year. Students that require financial assistance are invited to apply before 30 November . Visit www.nsfas.org.zafor more information or https://my.nsfas. org.za/sites/selfservice to apply online.
Who should apply:-
- Current matric pupils
- Undergraduate Students who are not funded by NSFAS in have to apply online.
Note that Students who are already funded for the academic year should not apply, as NSFAS already has their information.
(2022 new NSFAS Application Form)
( .07.28. NSFAS Communications Plan for the 2022 Online Application)
( 07 28 External Communication from NSFAS Office of the Executive Officer)
National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS)
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme is a loan and bursary scheme operating in terms of Act 56 of 1999 and funded by the National Department of Education. NSFAS has been established to assist academically deserving and financially needy South African students to achieve their academic goals at tertiary institutions. It offers low interest rates and up to 40% of the value of the loan will be converted into a bursary should the student pass all courses registered in the year funding was obtained. Who qualifies?
- South African citizens
- A financially needy student
- A student who demonstrates potential for academic success
- A student registered at a South African university/technikon, studying for a first tertiary educational qualification
- A student studying for a second tertiary qualification if it will enable the student to practice in a chosen profession eg HDE
How much can a student get:
NSFAS determines the minimum and maximum award annually. Please enquire at the Financial Aid office for the current limits. A person will, however, be expected to make a contribution towards the total cost of your studies, i.e Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
The size of the award is determined by the family income, according to the NSFAS Means Test.
Where to apply:
Application forms are obtainable from the Financial Aid Office.
- Registered students: Mid October
- First year students: Mid March
Documents which should accompany the application forms:
- Certified copy of ID document /passport of student / mother / father /guardian / wife /husband
- Original / certified copy of pay- slips / pension slip for both parents/guardian /spouse (these should not be older than three (3) months)
- In the case of deceased parents, attach certified death Certificates
- If parents are divorced, attach a copy of the decree of divorce
- If parents / guardian / spouse are self-employed, attach a copy of the latest financial statement
- If parents are unemployed, attach sworn affidavits accompanied by a report from a social worker , religious leader /traditional leader or Council
- An amount for income must be provided on all affidavits
- If parents are separated, attach pay-slips of both and an official letter from the social worker or religious leader confirming the separation
- Certified copy of previous degree or diploma certificate
- If you are currently in in-service training, attach pay – slip or provide the University with proof from your employer stating whether your study leave is paid or unpaid
- ID copies / birth certificates or letters from school of other family members
- Proof of registration for sibling at other tertiary institutions
- First time entering Masters and Doctoral students are entitled to a tuition fee bursary of up to R10 000-00 for the duration of their study. NB. (Students will still be responsible to pay administration fees).
- First time entering Honours and B.Ed Honours students qualify as follows: they must have obtained 60% in the final year of their undergraduate study for the subject(s) or course(s) which they intend pursuing for their postgraduate degree.
NB: Tuition fee bursary of up to R10 000-00(tuition fee bursary is capped by the amount of tuition fee levied for the year) will only be awarded on completion of one’s study
- A Tuition bursary capped for the total amount of tuition levied in the academic year of registration for the stipulated period of study will be awarded. Other costs to the fee account will not be covered by the bursary.
- Eligible students who fail to successfully complete their studies within the stipulated time under normal circumstance do not qualify for University administered financial aid.
- Students who receive tuition fee support from their employers or from other source under normal circumstances do not qualify for University administered financial aid.
- Students who are registering for the qualification equivalent to the one already received do not qualify for tuition fee bursary.
- Students who have previously registered with another institution for the same qualification do not qualify
- The University reserves the right to withdraw the tuition bursary should the student fail to disclose that he/she has an equivalent degree from another institution.
- No retrospective application is allowed
The following documents should be attached to the application form:
- an acceptance letter from the School indicating the student number, degree and discipline
- copy of detailed transcript of academic records
- copy of degree Certificates
- copy of I.D (certified)
- should the student fail to disclose that he/she has another bursary, and such a bursary pays towards the tuition fees, the tuition bursary offered by the university will be withdrawn