2022 University of KwaZulu-Natal Online Application Requirements And Process
Online application should only be used by postgraduate and international applicants as well as returning former UKZN undergraduate applicants. First time entering South African undergraduate applicants should apply through the Central Applications Office (CAO).
Thank you for the interest in UKZN. Please note that the closing date for applications was 30 September . However, late applications for postgraduate qualifications will be accepted until 30 November (where spaces are available). For more information on the application process, refer to the postgraduate prospectus.
To apply online, please ensure that you:
- Complete the application form accurately and fully.
- Write your names the same as they appear in your identity/passport document.
- Specify the name of the degree/diploma and campus
- Specify your major/area of specialization.
- Use the correct reference number when making payment for the non-refundable application fee.
- Complete the residence section, if applicable.
- Read and understand the medical insurance requirements (if you are an international applicant).
- You pay a non-refundable late application fee of R400 and state your reference number (number starting with APPN….)….
Please remember to upload the following documents (where applicable):
- Certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A Levels or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
- Proof from Universities South Africa (previously known as HESA), that you qualify for admission to degree studies at South Africa universities, if you are an international applicant. For more information, refer to the undergraduate prospectus
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
- Proof of English proficiency for International applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
- A research proposal/proposed title of the dissertation/thesis if you are applying for a Masters Degree or PhD.
- A valid study visa to study in SA if you are an International applicant.
|Click here to apply online|