2022 University of Johannesburg UJ Application Date
2022 University of Johannesburg UJ Application Date : The following information below outlines the application date information for the university of Johannesburg.
Applications Close: 30 September
Admission for international applicants is subject to meeting the compliance requirements as stipulated by the Immigration Act No 13 of 2002, the regulations made there under and the ;University’s policy. Application and closing date.
Applications open on 1 April of the year proceeding the year of study and close on 30 September at 12:00 noon. You may apply online at www.uj.ac.za and follow a link to Apply@UJ, or you may download the application form, which should either be submitted to the Student Enrolment Centre or mailed to the University.
Please note: All applicants are advised not to send cash by mail or leave documents and cash with any unauthorised persons.
All international applicants should take note of the following:
- Submit a completed application form with the following certified supporting documents:
- Sworn English translation of documents (applicants from non-English medium schools only)
- Provide proof of a non-refundable application fee of R200.00
- The University of Johannesburg offers applicants a first and second choice in terms of what they wish to study. All applicants should fill in both a first and a second choice on the application form.
- Submit completed application for on-campus residence with proof of payment for the applicable deposit.
Undergraduate degree-seeking applicants – 2022 University of Johannesburg UJ Application Date
In order to study for a South African degree, applicants are required to have achieved the equivalent of a South African National Senior Certificate with a degree endorsement. All international applicants with high school results or qualifications achieved outside of the
Republic of South Africa require a certificate of exemption from the Matriculation Board of
South Africa for admission into undergraduate studies. All degree-seeking applicants are required to submit the following supporting documents which must be certified for submission to the Matriculation Board (HESA):
- Completed Form M30 (this form can be downloaded on the Matriculation Board website www.hesa-enrol.ac.za)
- Certified copies of the applicant’s educational results or qualifications certified by a South African High Commission, Consulate, Trade Mission or a Public Notary in your home country
- A certified copy of your passport or birth certificate certified by a South African High
- Commission, Consulate, Trade Mission or a Public Notary in your home country
- Exemption fee as determined by the Matriculation Board (see website www.hesa-enrol.ac.za)
- Sworn English Translation of documents (applicants from non-English medium schools only)
Contact Details – Matriculations Board
UNISA Sunnyside Campus
Building 3, Level 1
Cnr Rissik and Mears Street
0132 Sunnyside, Pretoria
Tel no: +27 12 481 2847/8
Fax no: +27 12 481 2922
Diploma and certificate-seeking applicants
Should you wish to apply for a certificate or diploma qualifications you do not require an endorsement or conditional exemption from the Matriculation Board (HESA).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY – 2022 University of Johannesburg UJ Application Date
The University policy requires non-English speakers to sit for the internationally recognised English language competency test called IELTS (International English Language Testing System). The required minimum admission score is 6 for undergraduate and 7 for post-graduate studies. The IELTS Website address is: http://www.ielts.org. An admitted applicant is required to submit IELTS results for registration at the university.
TOEFL (overall 60–68) which is equivalent to the IELTS 6 for undergraduate studies)