Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Online Application For Admission
BTech and applicants returning to complete their qualifications may still apply using this form. Any other application forms of applicants applying after the closing date, will be ignored. BTech applications must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Master’s and doctoral degrees by research candidates can apply at any time of the year – application is free in . Postgraduate applicants must also complete the relevant Postgraduate form (U24) in addition to the standard Postgraduate application form.
You may apply by following one of these routes:
- Request an application form by emailing a request to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your postal address. The application package will then be posted to your postal address; or
- Request the application form by phoning (041) 504 1111; or
- Personally collect an application form from any of the Admissions Enquiries counters, on South Campus, Missionvale Campus and George Campus;
- Postgraduate applicants must also complete the relevant Postgraduate form in addition to the standard Postgraduate application form (which can be found on the right-hand side of this page). For information on postgraduate programmes, please consult the General Information and Admission Requirements for Postgraduate Programmes.
- Make sure you have paid the Application fees, before submitting your application form (see below for methods of payment).
- Your application form must be accompanied by (i) a certified copy of your final Grade 11 report and (ii) a most recent Grade 12 report (No March results) or if you have already passed the matriculation examination, a certified copy of your matriculation certificate or results as well as certified copies of diploma/degree certificates and academic records for postgraduate applications.
- Either an acknowledgement letter or outcome of your admission will be sent to you within 10 working days during April to June. During the period leading up to the closing dates stipulated above the turnaround time will be 14 – 20 working days.
- If your admissions points do not meet the entry requirements for your chosen programme, you may be requested to write an access assessment test.
- Some programmes have additional selection requirements; please consult the Undergraduate Guide for your specific faculty:
Faculty of Arts
Faculty of Business & Economic Sciences
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Engineering, the Built Environment & IT
Faculty of Health Sciences
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Science
- You may track the status of your application.
- The outcome of your application will be conveyed to you via letter posted to your postal address. If we have your correct cell phone number, an SMS will also be sent to your cell phone.
- If you are provisionally admitted you will receive an Orientation Booklet together with registration information in November/December.
- Final acceptance is subject to your final NSC results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen programme.
- You can use one of the following methods to pay application fees:
- Money order (purchased at a post office)
- Postal order (purchased at a post office)
- Cheque. The cheque must be crossed and marked “not transferable”.
- Cashiers: payment can be made personally at the university.
- Please do not send cash in the post.
Applicants who have studied at other tertiary institutions
- In order to ensure adequate time for processing, assessment testing and planning by NMMU and yourself, applications for admission in should be submitted by 4 August – No application fee for South African applicants
- Late applications will be considered after this date based on academic merit until 31 October – No application fee for South African applicants.
- Submit together with your application form, a certified copy of your official academic record and certificate of conduct as well as a certified copy of your school leaving certificate.
- Should you be applying for module exemptions, download the module exemption form and complete it and note that there is a module exemption fee to be paid before the exemption can be processed. You must attach copies of module outlines/syllabus.
- The application fees above are applicable for International applicants.
The Admissions Office
PO Box 77000
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
NMMU Banking Account Details
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch code: 051001
Account No.: 080263011
Reference: Write the word: Application and your name
Fax payment receipt to: 041 504 4722
Please attach a copy of the direct deposit or proof of payment to your application form.
Allow three working days for processing. Also keep a copy of the direct deposit or proof of payment should be in your possession at all times.
Clearly indicate the following on the postal or money order or on the back of your cheque:
- Your full initials and surname
- Write the words: “payment of application fees”
- Payable to Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University. The original money or postal order or cheque must be stapled to your application form.
Application fees are non-refundable. Payment of application fees does not guarantee entry to the university. Please do not send cash in the post.
ADMISSION INFORMATION FOR ACCEPTED APPLICANTS