IMVELISI – Developing Enviropreneurs Call For Applications 2022
Do you know of any aspiring entrepreneurs who are passionate about the environment? Innovative, bold, enthusiastic and keen to start a new business?
In association with GreenMatter, Green Cape, and the International Water Association (IWA), Fetola is coordinating an ideation bootcamp to enable aspiring entrepreneurs to develop their innovative environmental and sustainability-focused ideas, into dynamic and marketable products and services.
As a trusted member of our network, we kindly ask that you share the details of this programme with anyone you feel may benefit from it.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 11 April 2022 , midnight.
This 5 day Bootcamp is about finding out if entrepreneurship is for you, unpacking your ideas, exploring the alignment of your ideas to national priorities, learning how to assess market potential, understanding the funding and partnership landscape that will be important to take your ideas forward, networking with entrepreneurs in this space and practising your pitching skills in a dragons den simulation session.
- Are you passionate about sustainability and the environment?
- Are you curious to explore whether entrepreneurship is for you?
- Do you have a great, innovative idea related to natural resource management?
- Do you want to learn how to assess and further develop your idea into a marketable enterprise?
- Are you curious by nature, innovative at heart and willing to take risks to realise your dreams?
- Do you want to work with up and coming business support networks and enviropreneurs to realise job creation in water and biodiversity?
- Would a business bootcamp help take you to the next stage?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, join us for an exciting and innovative 5 day ideation bootcamp!
A YWP-ZA and GreenMatter partnership initiative.
Proudly sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology
If this would add value to your professional development and help to propel you to the next step towards “Enviropreneurship”, please don’t hesitate to apply!
We are looking for 40 of the brightest, most inspired, and energetic young people to go on this journey with us.
Note that all applicants need to be:
- 35 years or younger;
- A citizen or with permanent residency in South Africa;
- Able to communicate comfortably in English;
- Have a business idea/concept that speaks to natural resource management, climate change, food security, water security and social innovation; and
- Available to attend a Business Bootcamp in Gauteng between 5th to the 9th of June 2022 .
NOTE: there may be travel assistance considerations for successful applicants needing to travel significant distances to attend the 5 day bootcamp.
To apply, fill in the application form here
The closing date is Tuesday, 11 April 2022 , midnight.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any enquiries.
- Shanna Nienaber, YWP-ZA Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janavi Da Silva, GreenMatter, email@example.com