University of Pretoria Online Application 2017/2018
University of Pretoria Online Application 2017/2018 – To apply to the University of Pretoria , you need the documents below :
1) A certified copy of the green bar coded ID
2) Proof of payment of any relevant application fees
3) Certified copy of grade 11 results and any latest grade 12 results
For a full list of tips to remember before you apply, read here. Applicants must check individual further requirements for each course and each tertiary institution. Please also be aware of NBTs and check with your university if you need NBT results to apply. For more information on NBT’s click here.
FYI: South Africans learners wishing to apply online will need a working email address and an ID number. Foreign learners wishing to apply will need to have their passport number.
- Other Important Information UP
The Online Application System is intended for use by new prospective students submitting an application to UP for the first time. It is not intended for students presently registered at the University of Pretoria.
To use the Online Application System you will need the following:
- internet access
- an email address which you can access regularly, because as soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
Click on the video link below for a step-by step guide on how to use the online application system.
- UP applications open on 1 March of the year preceding the year of study.
- Each prospective student must complete only one online application. On the online application the University of Pretoria offers a first and second choice in terms of what you wish to study. All applicants should fill in both a first and second choice on the online application.
- Once your online application has been processed, you will receive a student number(EMPLID).
- Receiving a student number (EMPLID) does NOT imply that you have been accepted by the University of Pretoria yet. Admission is a separate process that your application undergoes after being evaluated by the relevant faculty.
- It is in your best interest to complete your own online application. The University of Pretoria does not make use of representatives, agents or agencies during the application process. If you choose to make use of representatives, agents or agencies, you do so at your own risk. It is of utmost importance that you provide your personal email and postal addresses to enable the University of Pretoria to communicate with you directly.
- For the application for Distance Education admission (Faculty of Education) please visit the “Distance Education ” web page before you apply. Different rules are applicable.
- It is important to note that should you wish to study the selection programmes BSc(Arch)(Architecture) or BSc(Int)(Interior Architecture), you must indicate them as your first choice on your application, or you will not be considered for these programmes. It is also recommended to indicate the other selection programmes as your first choice on the online application.