Department of Arts and Culture Bursary
Department of Arts and Culture Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2017
ABOUT THE BURSAR – Department of Arts and Culture Bursary
Department of Arts and Culture Bursary – The Department of Arts and Culture (DAC) are aimed at ensuring that the arts sector contribute to social cohesion and economic growth of the country.
One of the ways in which the DAC are preserving and expanding the arts, culture and heritage sector in South Africa, is by way of their bursary programme – funding deserving students who wish to pursue studies in heritage related programmes.
Bursaries are awarded to 30 students each year, to the maximum value of R70 000 per student.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following Heritage Related fields of study:
- Archives and Records Management
- Conservation of the Built Environment
- Conservation and Preventive Conservation
- Collections Management (Cultural and Natural)
- Heritage Resources Management
- Indigenous Knowledge Systems
- Museum Management and Curatorship
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Studying (or intend on studying) in one of the aforementioned fields of study,
- Studying (or accepted to study) at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa,
- Proven financial need.
HOW TO APPLY – Department of Arts and Culture Bursary
Applications forms can be collected from:
Department of Arts and Culture
5th Floor, 481 Kingsley Centre
Cnr Stanza Bopape and Steve Biko Streets
Online at http://www.dac.gov.za/content/careers (under the “Bursaries” tab).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- Full academic record and latest results (for current tertiary students),
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies),
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips certified copies/ affidavit if unemployed/ pension statement).
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted to:
Heritage Bursaries, Department of Arts and Culture, Private Bag X897, Pretoria, 0001
Heritage Bursaries, 481 Kingsley Centre, 5th Floor, Cnr Stanza Bopape and Steve Biko Street, Arcadia, Pretoria
26 February annually.
CONTACT – Department of Arts and Culture Bursary
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 012 441 3476